In Drupal 8 external libraries like Jquery, Cycle plugins etc need to put into libraries folder which is located at the root of site. It's unlike D7.
Here are few steps for working with external libraries for Views Slideshow. For Views Slideshow we need "jquery.cycle" plugins libraries. -
- Go to https://github.com/malsup/cycle
- Click the Download ZIP button as seen below:
- Extract the folder you just downloaded.
- Rename the folder to /jquery.cycle/
- Upload the files to the /libraries/ folder in the root of your site. This is different from Drupal 7, so be careful.
- When you're finished, your folder structure will look like this:
Some external libraries are also stored into /vendor folder on Drupal root.